Day 9/21 - Perfect Timing

Welcome to day 9 of our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting Journey! We are officially one week in, and we're feeling stronger than ever. To help you on this journey, we have provided a prayer guide to help guide you. You can access it here. Our daily devotional is modeled after the "First 15". This is a habit we want to create that takes the first 15 minutes of your day and dedicates it to spending time with the Lord.

FIRST 15:
5 Minutes - Worship
We made a worship playlist that you can use during this time of worship!
Spotify
Apple Music
Youtube

5 Minutes - God's Word
Exodus 23:29-30
I will not drive them out before you in a single year; otherwise the land would become desolate and wild animals would multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out ahead of you, until you become fruitful and possess the land.
Have you ever felt like you just can’t get where you’re headed fast enough? Like, you should be further along than where you are right now. You know God is good, and yet the progress is just going slower than you expected and now you are wondering if what you're believing for will ever come to pass. Be encouraged, you are not alone! In Exodus 23, God is speaking to the Israelites about them possessing the Promised Land but he warns them that it will not happen quickly, in fact, it will be the opposite, it will be little by little. Here’s why: because if failure and defeat have slain their thousands, instant success has slain its tens of thousands! Our world loves the fast risers but those more often than not come crashing down faster than they rose. Why? Because they didn’t have the foundation to sustain their success! Their character was cracked and simply crumbled under the weight and pressures of life. God told the Israelites that if He were to give them the instant victory of the Promised Land that they would have preferred, they would not have been able to manage it and the wild animals would overtake them. It was the process of little by little that protected and prepared them as they moved to possess the promises of God in their lives and it still holds true for us today.
Psalms 84:11 says, The Lord gives favor and honor. He holds back nothing good from those who walk in the way that is right. It’s in God’s very nature to bless you with victory and success. God wants you to be blessed and live an abundant life, but He also wants you to reach it and keep it. He is saving you by setting a pace that will sustain you in your success! Every step, every victory the Israelites experienced allowed them to grow in the capacities and become more fruitful where they were so they didn’t just inhabit the Promised Land, they thrived in it! Know this: you will be successful! You will be blessed. Embrace the process of preparation or the promises of God. Enjoy the pace that God has set for you and focus on God. He won’t withhold any good thing from you but it might just come little by little.

5 Minutes - Prayer (can be read aloud)
Dear Heavenly Father, encourage me today in the position that you have placed me. I know that all the promises you have spoken over me shall come to pass in your perfect timing! Strengthen my spirit with the pace you have set for me in this season, for I know it is to help me grow into all you have planned for my life. May my praise increase and my heart rejoice in the progress of little by little as it reveals your faithfulness and goodness towards me. Thank you for making all things work for my good even when I cannot see it. In Jesus name Amen

Related Posts

11 Comments

Micheal Fretwell - January 14th, 2020 at 2:37am

God is so good!! I see God working in my life everyday! I see the blessings continue to come my way and i am so thankful for Gods perfect timing. I know that the things that are coming my way now would not have been received with the same heart at the same time last year or the year before. As i grow in my faith and love for him and love for people i see the changes taking shape in my life. I am excited for this year and the habits and changes i will form through faith in Him. Step by step

Geri - January 14th, 2020 at 5:07am

Wake up call!!

Very timely message for me.

Thankful for it and that it takes root in my heart this morning. --Amen

Josh Ramirez - January 14th, 2020 at 5:30am

God you’re so good. I believe in your word. I pray that your will be done and not mine. I pray for that you may help me understand your plans and accept what you have for me. Thank you for reminding me the it will be on your timing and not mine. Amen

Catherine - January 14th, 2020 at 5:40am

Prior to this season, God spoke to me about changes in my life. He started to prepare my heart for what was to come. I started to pray and ask for strength, peace, and endurance because I knew I’d need it, but not knowing exactly what would happen. God said abide in Me and keep My Word in your heart. I will guide you. Yes, I wish the storm was already over, but I know that I have to go through it. God is preparing me to walk in what He has yet to reveal. Thank You God for Your grace and mercy, Your faithfulness to see me through. For this time is not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed. I eagerly wait with perseverance, giving You all the glory and praise. In Jesus name. Amen!

Agnes Faye Jones - January 14th, 2020 at 5:57am

God's timing is always perfect.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Esperanza - January 14th, 2020 at 6:15am

Amen! Throughout this time of fasting and prayer God has revealed so much to me. Just yesterday I mentioned to some friends “all on Gods timing”. Then I wake up this morning and boom He clearly reminds me of this again, I just love it! Often we may not understand why certain things don’t just simply happen like NOW, almost wanting things as if we were in a “fast checkout lane” or “drive thru”. All on Gods timing and not ours. Thank you Father for your all your blessings, for never giving up on me and for your never ending love.

Diana Padron - January 14th, 2020 at 7:45am

Amen! This message is so comforting and full of hope! I know God is holding me by my hand and walking with me as I embark a new career path. I am ready to see God’s blessings pour over me. To God be all the glory. Amen!

Donise - January 14th, 2020 at 8:20am

Thank you Lord for reminding me to wait and go little by little. So many times I forget to let you go before me to prepare the way.

David Wygal - January 14th, 2020 at 9:26am

I have repaized in my human nature I wear a watch and have conformed my self around this instrument. In a world where time is all we have I have failed to realize I worship a God who created it. Him being an omnipotent God , His ways are better than mine and His timing is perfect, especially when I want Him to hurry and give it to me like yesterday.

Lord I thank you for knowing , the who what when where or why NOT in my life for your glory.

Harold Dixon - January 14th, 2020 at 7:40pm

I really needed the passage in today's message. I often wondered why I'm not ahead of my present status and now I have a better perception according the God's way of little by little. This is an awesome ministry, I love it. God bless.

Diana Zajicek - January 15th, 2020 at 8:42am

God answered my prayer for a miracle in his time his perfect time.Thank you God for our Miracle 🙏