Day 4/21 - Anxious For Nothing

Welcome to Day 4 of 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting!
To help you on this journey, we have provided a prayer guide to help guide you. You can access it here. Our daily devotional is modeled after the "First 15". This is a habit we want to create that takes the first 15 minutes of your day and dedicates it to spending time with the Lord.

FIRST 15:
5 Minutes - Worship
We made a worship playlist that you can use during this time of worship!
Spotify
Apple Music
Youtube

5 Minutes - God's Word
In Philippians 4:6 Paul advices “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.” This is great advice if only we always followed it! When we are going through difficult times that have us worried or anxious, sometimes our last response is prayer when it should be our first. How comforting is it to know that God wants to hear all of our prayers no matter how big or small they seem to us? When we go to Him in prayer, it builds our faith because He is the creator of the Earth and has total control. Paul also goes on to tell us to always give thanks to God even in difficult times. When Paul wrote these words he was going through hard times and could easily not have thanked God but instead Paul says in Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always.” You can thank Him for what he has done and then go ahead and thank Him for what he is going to do with your current situation! When you go to God in prayer, your situation may not change but your heart and attitude will; and that will bring you the peace that only God can bring. You can state your problem and leave it there knowing that He can be trusted. As you grow in your prayer life, you will probably find yourself in constant communication with God. Which in the end I think is what He wants all of us to do. So when you think times are hard and there is no hope…go to God, lay down your problems and then thank Him for all he has done.

5 Minutes - Prayer (can be read aloud)
Dear God, I thank you for the gift of prayer. I can present my problems to you and know that even if the answer is not what I think it should be; I know you can be trusted. Thank you for always listening and responding in love. Amen.

Related Posts

13 Comments

Catherine - January 9th, 2020 at 2:26am

Lord help me to stand on faith and not fear when I am in the storm; to be certain of everything when I do not physically see Your great works. In Jesus name. Amen.

Maria sanchez - January 9th, 2020 at 5:09am

Thank you Lord for waking me this morning

Josh R - January 9th, 2020 at 5:17am

So true. We have to learn to trust in him fully. When we start to worry, it almost says that we do not trust in Him. That’s when our faith should really kick in, be still and know that He is God. He is faithful all the time weather we believe it or not.

Harold Dixson - January 9th, 2020 at 6:11am

Thank you all for encouraging me to be closer to God and to be more diligent in spending time in his presence. Have a blessed day and be encouraged. God bless.

Jireh - January 9th, 2020 at 6:36am

So proud and grateful for you Dad. I love you so much!!! Thank you for blessing me with even more tools to keep GOD and his son Jesus Christ in my life to enrich me and nourish me more and more each and every day. I love you, have a blessed day at work! ❤

Kendall - January 9th, 2020 at 6:12am

Prayer is so Powerful.

Sandra - January 9th, 2020 at 6:27am

Thank you Lord for helping me pray and trust in you for the right things in life's purpose and journey. Amen

Theresa Maldonado - January 9th, 2020 at 7:06am

Thanks for all the guidance my church gives us. Love 21 days of prayer.

Laurence - January 9th, 2020 at 7:23am

Thank You God for blessing me with this job interview tomm hopefully it will end these long past 30 days of being unemployed. Thank you God for being there throughout it all

Sheyanne - January 9th, 2020 at 8:06am

My mind tries to tell me that when I am fearful about something I have little or no faith or trust in God. I can't buy that lie. My current sitution is arousing a lot of fear in me, I even woke up anxious and concerned. Faith is giving me the ability to walk through it and trusting God is in control. After prayer time with God this morning my anxiety is gone and fear subsided. My hope is in God.

David Wygal - January 9th, 2020 at 8:13am

Most of my life I've been told if you want something done right, do it yourself. That mentality left me doing things in my own strength, being left exhausted, torn, weathered and bruised. When the Lord came into my heart , I start seeing me do the same to Him. Doing everything in my own strength, work , worries, fathering since going to faith family I've seen the transition to have a, " start with God attitude" and not wait until I can't do it anymore and give Him my leftovers.

A God first attitude

Pamela - January 9th, 2020 at 9:12am

Thank you Lord for giving me yesterday the desire that has been in my heart for 30 years. Thank you for whatever your answer is with My daughters new house. If they continue to stay with me or move, I will accept your answer because I know you have them in the palm of your hands. Thank you for the new life that is growing in my youngest baby girl. She is young but this baby will be a blessing. In Jesus name, Amen!

Beverly - January 9th, 2020 at 3:47pm

Thank you Jesus for the word... going through some difficult times in my life, concerning my health. I give you all of my worries and concerns. I pray Palms 23 always.. TRUSTING IN YOU.